For this week’s blog I have decided to discuss my overall thoughts on Duolingo and my learning on the basics of Spanish thus far. Duolingo has many positive aspects like having different subjects (intro, phrases, travel, restaurant, family, etc). I also think it is beneficial and important to work on reading, writing, and speaking which this app does. I believe Duolingo is a great way to learn a new language if you are learning from the basics and have no previous knowledge with the language. The app makes you start at the beginning of the basics; therefore, if you already have some knowledge in the language, then it can become boring because you are not learning anything. I also believe that you will only be motivated to keep up with this app if you are learning the language for a specific use, for example a trip. You need to use a language in order to keep the knowledge. My biggest challenge during this inquiry project is that I enjoy learning new languages but unfortunately I do not have someone to practice with frequently; therefore, the motivation lacks greatly. My learning began strong, I completed my daily goals frequently and enjoyed learning. When school became busier, I found myself losing motivation and practicing less frequently. 

Overall, I enjoy Duolingo and believe it can be effective for some people but unfortunately I lost my motivation throughout the term and was not as committed as I had hoped. For the last part of this term, my goal is to go on the app everyday and complete a few questions. I believe making a more realistic goal will make it more successful.